Saturday 13 February 2016

#8 - Win Something Wonderful - Updated

In an earlier post, I told you how I had won £250 worth of Leisure Vouchers, which I was going to use to pay for one of the items on my list - a hot air balloon ride.  I wasn't quite done though, especially as I had marked it off my list so soon, and so easily.

I was quite right.  In January, I won a competition with Harvey Nichols.  They gave me up to £500 to treat myself, the money had to be spent on one item.  As much as I love handbags and shoes, I couldn't justify spending that amount of money on them, so Mr G suggested I buy myself a nice watch.  Being something I could keep and use on special occasions.  I chose a lovely Michael Kors watch!  Something I would never have had otherwise.

And on Monday of this week, I received an email to tell me I had won £250 cash!!  That was a really nice surprise.  You don't really see very many cash prize competitions, they tend to be vouchers for different stores or experiences.  I've earmarked some of the money to treat my parents to a meal out (maybe for a huge gammon...) and I may treat myself to an iPod touch with the rest. 

And no, I'm not quite done yet, either ;-)  Something else is going to come, for sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment