Saturday 13 February 2016

#17 - Eat from 40 different places I haven't eaten at before - 5/40

5.  The place -  Kinmel Arms, Moelfre.  The dish - Gammon and chips.   Eat in - 2nd February, 2016


Ye Gods, let me tell you.  You ain't ever had a gammon like this before.  Gracing the Kinmel Arms for our 14th Wedding Anniversary, we'd heard about the gammons from Mr G's old boss, who lives in the village.  You can't actually see how big it is, from the sheer volume of food on my plate, so look at this next picture to put the thickness of the gammon into context...

I like my meat like I like my men.  Thick and pink, with a little fat around the edges...

It had to be about an inch thick.  And for a very bargainous £12.99, you can't go wrong.  Cooked to perfection, and the chips were good too.  Although it was far too big a portion to accompany such a massive hunk of meat, I'd rather too many than too few, which is a bit of a bugbear for me at the moment, are pubs counting how many chips they're dishing out these days?  I worked in a pub kitchen, I know how much huge bags of frozen chips cost...

Highly, highly recommended.  If I could give more, I would, but I can't, so - 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment