Sunday 29 November 2015

#12 - Take part in NaNoWriMo in November - COMPLETE

Sunday 29th November.  Four weeks after the official NaNoWriMo start, I scrambled and submitted my novel.  My official word count was 62,023.  And that was unfinished!  It has a start, a middle, but it's still not conclusively finished!  The weather has been so terrible here, we're on a yellow warning.  We've lost internet connection twice since last night, and I could just see us being without power and my not being able to submit it tomorrow, after all my hard work.  It is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the hardest things I have ever done (mentally) in my life, but also one of the most enjoyable. 



My little seed of a story grew legs and ran away, had to be reigned in a few times, smacked about the head a bit, and then took off in a completely different direction to what I'd first intended.  And even though NaNoWriMo is over for 2015, I still intend to finish my novel.  Just because it deserves to be finished.  Maybe it doesn't deserve to be read, or published, but my characters deserve their 'for the time being' endings.  Whether they're HEA or not. 

Will I take part in NaNoWriMo 2016?  Definitely.  I'll do it all again.  I'll do it all again with the same characters that it's been my pleasure to share my headspace with for the last two months (one plotting, one writing!).   They've made me laugh, and giggle, and want to cry.  Even though I was in control, I didn't always know what was going to happen next.  And I want to see what they get up to next.  I have bloody loved it.  And I am insufferably proud of myself :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment